UltraSonic™ IS-5 Gas Leak Detector
The UltraSonic IS-5 is a non-concentration based gas detector used to detect leaks from high pressure systems. Like other ultrasonic monitors, the UltraSonic IS-5 responds to the airborne ultrasound generated from gas releases in open, well ventilated areas, where traditional methods of detection may be unsuitable or dependent on ventilation. Because the UltraSonic IS-5 responds to the source of a gas release rather than the dispersed gas, it is unaffected by changing wind directions, gas dilution, and the direction of the gas leak. Further, with its maximum coverage radius of 20 meters, it can supervise a relatively large area with a single device.
- Wide dynamic range (44-104 dB)
- Advanced stainless steel microphone permits instant detection of high-pressure gas leaks with coverage up to 20 meters in radius
- Interface outputs include 4-20 mA analogue and alarm/fault relays according to industry standards
- Full AISI 316L stainless steel intrinsically safe housing enclosure provides corrosion resistance in harsh environments
- Minimal maintenance and calibration requirements with portable test unit
- Local LED indicator displays detector status